SR 10.0.2 - Warning - No path to git specified, can't use git commands

Hi @echel0n,

I have upgraded to the latest version 10.0.2 - running in docker - Synology DSM 6.2. All seems to be working well, however, the log keeps filling with the following warnings:

2021-01-14 09:56:01 TORNADO-Thread_0::['git', '--version'] returned no data
2021-01-14 09:56:01 TORNADO-Thread_0::No path to git specified, can't use git commands
2021-01-14 09:49:45 TORNADO-Thread_0::['git', '--version'] returned no data
2021-01-14 09:49:45 TORNADO-Thread_0::No path to git specified, can't use git commands
2021-01-14 09:49:45 TORNADO-Thread_0::['git', '--version'] returned no data
2021-01-14 09:49:45 TORNADO-Thread_0::No path to git specified, can't use git commands

I have checked under General -> Advanced Settings -> Git Settings - there is no path to the git executable. I am missing something? Or do I need to install git under docker and specify the path?

I’ll check and see if the docker image got built with git executable, I was moving away from automatic git updates in docker like I did for Synology images, reason behind this is stability.

1 Like

Thank you, do you need me to do anything for the moment?

Nope, I just need to modify SR code to detect that its a docker install and to stop attempting to update using GIT

1 Like

I’m getting this error as well. Is this still an issue? How do you (1) get notifications that there is a new version of SR when it’s running in Docker, and (2) upgrade to the new version?

To upgrade docker you simply just upgrade the docker image tag, there has not been a new release for over 3 months now, been busy working on new UI.

1 Like

And yes, this is a minor bug for docker images, but not something that will affect things, Docker should not attempt to update via git, only notify.

New develop branch release has been pushed out yesterday, I’ve removed the .git folder and refactored Docker installs to notify on updates only.