Sickrage not working with lastest version in Dietpi

Hi guys, I just updated the lastest version and the application is not working anymore. I’m using an orange pi and the sickrage services won’t start up.

I tried everything such as: reinstall, tested in another orange pi, etc…

How could I know what is going on to possibly fix the issue?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

I am having exactly the same problem. I am using an Intel MiniPC with the x86/UEFI version of DietPI.
This is the process status:

[email protected]:~# sudo systemctl status sickrage
● sickrage.service - SickRage
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/sickrage.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2018-10-12 18:03:59 BST; 2s ago
  Process: 2798 ExecStart=/usr/bin/python /mnt/dietpi_userdata/sickrage/SickBeard.py -q --daemon --nolaunch --datadir=/mnt/
dietpi_userdata/sickrage (code=exited, status=2)

Oct 12 18:03:58 DietPi systemd[1]: sickrage.service: Unit entered failed state.
Oct 12 18:03:58 DietPi systemd[1]: sickrage.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Oct 12 18:03:59 DietPi systemd[1]: sickrage.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart.
Oct 12 18:03:59 DietPi systemd[1]: Stopped SickRage.
Oct 12 18:03:59 DietPi systemd[1]: sickrage.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Oct 12 18:03:59 DietPi systemd[1]: Failed to start SickRage.
Oct 12 18:03:59 DietPi systemd[1]: sickrage.service: Unit entered failed state.
Oct 12 18:03:59 DietPi systemd[1]: sickrage.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Macco, this is exactly what I am getting :frowning:

SickBeard.py no longer exists and has been replaced by SiCKRAGE.py
Also you’re need to install requirments using pip install -r /mnt/dietpi_userdata/sickrage/requirements.txt

Echel0n, When I executed your command I get this error:

[email protected]:~# pip install -r /mnt/dietpi_userdata/sickrage/requirements.txt
Could not open requirements file: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/mnt/dietpi_userdata/sickrage/requirements.txt’
Storing debug log for failure in /root/.pip/pip.log

Can you help me? :frowning:

the requirements.txt would be in the install folder of where you git cloned to

Does DietPi have docker ?

docker create --name=sickrage -v "path to config:/config" -v "path to downloads:/downloads" -v "path to tv-shows:/tv" -v "/etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro" -e PGID=<gid> -e PUID=<uid> -p 8081:8081 sickrage/sickrage:latest

I install sickrage using DietPi wizard. Is the repo going to be fixed?

Repo is fixed just doesn’t work with the wizard, use the docket solution

Echel0n, can you give me a tutorial to install sickrage on linux manually?

Also, is possible to fix the Dietpi installation of SickRage? It used to work flawlessly now everybody is getting erros T_T

I did, the command is above a few posts

DietPi does not have Docker.

apt-get install lsb-release
curl -sSL https://get.docker.com | sh

I tried to use Docker @ DietPi, but it does not work properly. Ideally the installation should be manually or a package for DietPi.

I spent like 2 days trying everything to put it to work but no success at all.

Does not work how ? Please explain further

The problem lies within DietPi itself, SickRage is guilty only of changing the repo URL.

https://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5131#p15062

In the next sys update the problem should be fixed.

I updated to the latest version of dietpi (6.17) and finally got it working.

For other: I mounted a USB Drive to the pi and copied the user data to it (via dietpi file manger). the installation got stuck on the pip requirement install after i did this. I had to manually run the pip install after with the correct USB drive file location. After I did this i ran the diet pi software again, installed sickrage and it worked!

@echelon I had a backup file made before this whole mess. I’m having trouble restoring it. When i select to restore it it just gets stuck. I see the small circular cursor moving but nothing happens.

do i need to start over completely or is there a way to restore my old back up file?

Send me the backup and I can take a look