Migration to Python 3 countdown begins!

Its official, I will be migrating both master and develop branches to Python 3 starting May 1st 2019, I’ve already pushed the last Python 2 updates today that include code to help aid in the migration, I’ve also decided not to automate the process as I found it to be rather problematic and didn’t want to result in any possible downtime for end-users, instead I’ve put together howto’s to guide you through when the time comes.

I’ve also added a countdown timer to https://www.sickrage.ca to let all know when the migration is happening.

Enjoy,
echel0n

closed #2

This topic was automatically closed after 60 minutes. New replies are no longer allowed.

made this a banner . It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user. #3

The Python 3 release is being delayed as substantial code changes need further testing, no estimated date can be given at this current timeframe.

I’ve finally pushed the new Python 3 code to the DEVELOP branch, you can follow this guide below to help migrate over to the new code: