Issue after updating to 10.0.7-32 on Synology

Won’t start after the latest update, any ideas?

[email protected]:/$ /volume1/@appstore/sickrage/env/bin/python /volume1/@appstore/sickrage/share/SiCKRAGE/SiCKRAGE.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/volume1/@appstore/sickrage/share/SiCKRAGE/SiCKRAGE.py", line 28, in <module>
[p.unlink() for p in pathlib.Path(os.path.dirname(__file__)).rglob('*.py[co]')]
File "/volume1/@appstore/sickrage/share/SiCKRAGE/SiCKRAGE.py", line 28, in <listcomp>
[p.unlink() for p in pathlib.Path(os.path.dirname(__file__)).rglob('*.py[co]')]
File "/var/packages/python3/target/lib/python3.7/pathlib.py", line 1304, in unlink
self._accessor.unlink(self)
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/volume1/@appstore/sickrage/share/SiCKRAGE/sickrage/clients/nzb/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-37.pyc'

If you’ve ever manually attempted to run SR from the command line then it would of created .pyc files under the user you attempted to run it from, you will now need to remove the .pyc files as the user SR runs under won’t have permissions it self to do so.

Ok thanks! Didn’t know that was an issue.

Tedious work removing all files manually, is there an easier way to start it with verbose output? Can’t access the web UI since the latest update, and it doesn’t seem to run scheduled jobs.

OK, I’ve had several complaints against UI access, recently I restored functionality of using web hosts to bind the UI interface, however many end-users have incorrect web host settings it would seem which is causing a UI lockout issue.

So what I’m going to do is set it up to listen on all interfaces by default, remove the ability to specify the web host binding from the settings page, and only offer the ability to bind the UI from the command prompt by passing in --host 1.2.3.4 on startup.

Doing this will ensure no more UI lockouts by accident or because someone restored a config that was tied to an IP address from another box.

I’ll let you know once I have pushed the new update.

Saw an update, installed it and now it works again. :slight_smile:

1 Like