Clean install not working - ver. 10.0.2 - Server 2019

1/10 my install of SICKRAGE auto updated to 10.0.0. Today, 1/11, I tried to connect to the Web UI and was unsuccessful. Per New Windows installer released I thoguht it be a good time to upgrade so I uninstalled the app with the intent of installing 10.0.2 from https://www.sickrage.ca/downloads/windows/SiCKRAGE-10.0.2.exe

It nearly finished but errored out with the message:
Product: SiCKRAGE – Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action InstallPythonRequirements, location: C:\Windows\Installer\MSI7BF4.tmp, command: /EnforcedRunAsAdmin /dir “C:\Program Files (x86)\SiCKRAGE” “” -m pip install --no-deps --no-cache-dir -r requirements.txt

I can try to re-install 9.x but I was hoping to go straight to 10. Let me know if you need any more info.

Running Python 3.8.5 (32-bit)

(Note that the windows installer on sickrage.ca still points to 9.x)

Thanks in advance for the help.

I see to have a similar issue on windows 10. if I try to run I get the following error

09:50:34 INFO::CORE::Backing up main database table series_provider_mapping schema
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\SiCKRAGE\sickrage_init_.py”, line 401, in main
app.start()
File “C:\SiCKRAGE\sickrage\core_init_.py”, line 316, in start
db.upgrade()
File “C:\SiCKRAGE\sickrage\core\databases_init_.py”, line 190, in upgrade
self.backup(backup_filename)
File “C:\SiCKRAGE\sickrage\core\databases_init_.py”, line 325, in backup
backup_dict[‘schema’].update({table_name: str(CreateTable(table_object))})
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\Python37-32\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\sql\elements.py”, line 486, in str
return str(self.compile())
File “”, line 1, in
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\Python37-32\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\sql\elements.py”, line 476, in compile
return self._compiler(dialect, bind=bind, **kw)
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\Python37-32\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\sql\ddl.py”, line 29, in _compiler
return dialect.ddl_compiler(dialect, self, **kw)
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\Python37-32\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\sql\compiler.py”, line 319, in init
self.string = self.process(self.statement, **compile_kwargs)
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\Python37-32\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\sql\compiler.py”, line 350, in process
return obj._compiler_dispatch(self, **kwargs)
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\Python37-32\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\sql\visitors.py”, line 95, in _compiler_dispatch
return meth(self, **kw)
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\Python37-32\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\sql\compiler.py”, line 2919, in visit_create_table
_include_foreign_key_constraints=create.include_foreign_key_constraints, # noqa
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\Python37-32\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\sql\compiler.py”, line 2970, in create_table_constraints
for constraint in constraints
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\Python37-32\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\sql\compiler.py”, line 2967, in
p
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\Python37-32\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\sql\compiler.py”, line 2977, in
or not getattr(constraint, “use_alter”, False)
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\Python37-32\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\sql\compiler.py”, line 350, in process
return obj._compiler_dispatch(self, **kwargs)
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\Python37-32\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\sql\visitors.py”, line 95, in _compiler_dispatch
return meth(self, **kw)
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\Python37-32\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\sql\compiler.py”, line 3217, in visit_foreign_key_constraint
remote_table = list(constraint.elements)[0].column.table
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\Python37-32\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\util\langhelpers.py”, line 883, in get
obj.dict[self.name] = result = self.fget(obj)
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\Python37-32\lib\site-packages\sqlalchemy\sql\schema.py”, line 2157, in column
colname,
sqlalchemy.exc.NoReferencedColumnError: Could not initialize target column for ForeignKey ‘tv_shows.series_id’ on table ‘series_provider_mapping’: table ‘tv_shows’ has no column named ‘series_id’
Sentry is attempting to send 0 pending error messages
Waiting up to 2 seconds
Press Ctrl-Break to quit

I’ve got a similar issue with Server 2012, can you tell me where you got the log from and I’ll check mine as my install deletes the Sickrage folder when it fails?

@mark.hewson there was a bug in v10.0.0 that created a table prematurely, this caused an issue with performing a backup prior to performing the database upgrade, you can either restore a previous backup and try again with v10.0.2 or send me your main.db file so I can remove the table.

@Deker @cordodor
The new Windows installer will actually install Python 3.7, you can see that if you look under your program files folder.

You can also download the requirements.txt file manually from https://git.sickrage.ca/sickrage/sickrage and then try to manually install the requirements.txt to see if it works or not and then we can proceed from there.

Hi,

I’m currently trying that, I ran the “python -m pip install --no-deps” command and had an “No module named pip” error, I’ve ran “python -m ensurepip” and then upgraded to the latest version with “python -m pip install --upgrade pip” and the install is going much further than it did previously.

Update: The install completed successfully but unfortunately the Sickrage service keeps stopping and restarting.

@Deker
You need to run pip uninstall -y -r requirements.txt and then re-install using the installer to fix the permissions issue, the service is not starting cause it was not the one that installed the requirements

@Deker
Of course you could also edit the service from services.msc to run as your user with admin rights and that might take care of the issue as well, I have not personally attempted this but I know its needed to access network shares as well.

I manually installed python 3.7 from https://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.7.0/python-3.7.0.exe to C:\Program Files (x86)\Python 3.7 and then relaunched the sickrage 10.0.2 installer and it completed successfully.

Thanks @echel0n

1 Like