Any success installing on a ReadyNAS 214 running 6.10.3?

Has anyone successfully installed SR on a ReadyNAS 214 running 6.10.3? I had it installed about a year ago, and my ReadyNAS upgraded to 6.10.0 Hotfix 2 and SR hasn’t worked since. I have tried off and on to get it working, with no success.

I sort of started from scratch today and tried to follow the directions on the How-To page step-by-step. Still no luck.

I followed the instructions to build Python 3.6.9 and install it a couple of weeks ago. Python seemed to work OK, but the install of SR would just “hang”. When I tried everything again tonight, the web UI install of SR said it was successful. However, starting SR does not work. From ssh, I see the following command running, but then it disappears and SR is not available.

/usr/local/bin/python3 /apps/sickrage/bin/SiCKRAGE.py -q --daemon --nolaunch --datadir=/apps/sickrage/app-config

I ran that statement interactively (as admin) and got the following error:

$ /usr/local/bin/python3 /apps/sickrage/bin/SiCKRAGE.py -q --daemon --nolaunch --datadir=/apps/sickrage/app-config
DEPRECATION: The OpenSSL being used by this python install (OpenSSL 1.0.1t  3 May 2016) does not meet the minimum supported version (>= OpenSSL 1.1.1) in order to support TLS 1.3 required by Cloudflare, You may encounter an unexpected reCaptcha or cloudflare 1020 blocks.
OpenSSL not available, please install for better requests validation: `https://pyopenssl.readthedocs.org/en/latest/install.html`

I followed the link above and ran the following command (as root) with the following result:

# pip install pyopenssl
Collecting pyopenssl
  Downloading pyOpenSSL-19.1.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (53 kB)
     |████████████████████████████████| 53 kB 92 kB/s
Requirement already satisfied: cryptography>=2.8 in /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages (from pyopenssl) (2.9.2)
Requirement already satisfied: six>=1.5.2 in /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages (from pyopenssl) (1.14.0)
Requirement already satisfied: cffi!=1.11.3,>=1.8 in /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages (from cryptography>=2.8->pyopenssl) (1.14.0)
Requirement already satisfied: pycparser in /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages (from cffi!=1.11.3,>=1.8->cryptography>=2.8->pyopenssl) (2.20)
Installing collected packages: pyopenssl
Successfully installed pyopenssl-19.1.0

Then when I try to start SR again, I get the stuff below. Not sure where to go next. Anyone have any ideas?

$ /usr/local/bin/python3 /apps/sickrage/bin/SiCKRAGE.py -q --daemon --nolaunch --datadir=/apps/sickrage/app-config
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/apps/sickrage/bin/sickrage/__init__.py", line 223, in main
    from sickrage.core import Core
  File "/apps/sickrage/bin/sickrage/core/__init__.py", line 41, in <module>
    from keycloak.realm import KeycloakRealm
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/keycloak/realm.py", line 3, in <module>
    from keycloak.client import KeycloakClient
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/keycloak/client.py", line 3, in <module>
    from requests.exceptions import HTTPError
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/requests/__init__.py", line 95, in <module>
    from urllib3.contrib import pyopenssl
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/urllib3/contrib/pyopenssl.py", line 46, in <module>
    import OpenSSL.SSL
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/OpenSSL/__init__.py", line 8, in <module>
    from OpenSSL import crypto, SSL
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/OpenSSL/crypto.py", line 15, in <module>
    from OpenSSL._util import (
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/OpenSSL/_util.py", line 6, in <module>
    from cryptography.hazmat.bindings.openssl.binding import Binding
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/binding.py", line 205, in <module>
    _verify_openssl_version(Binding.lib)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/binding.py", line 169, in _verify_openssl_version
    "You are linking against OpenSSL 1.0.1, which is no longer "
RuntimeError: You are linking against OpenSSL 1.0.1, which is no longer supported by the OpenSSL project. You need to upgrade to a newer version of OpenSSL.

Thanks!

Honestly its looking like unless you can install OpenSSL 1.1.1 then SR won’t run on ReadyNAS anymore, its required by a few different aspects of SR and its respective modules to run properly.

I was thinking the same thing. But have you been able to get it installed on a ReadyNAS box or emulator? I assume when you switched over to Python 3 that is when the restriction on OpenSSL went into effect? But how long has SR been using Python 3? Does that mean this probably hasn’t worked on ReadyNAS for a while?

TBH I’ve been rather distracted by covid and now the riots, i’ve got a lot that I’ve been trying to handle so haven’t had the time I thought I would to take a deeper look into this, just going to have to wait till things settle down a bit, plan was this weekend but then those riots popped off so …

1 Like