Any success installing on a ReadyNAS 214 running 6.10.3?

Has anyone successfully installed SR on a ReadyNAS 214 running 6.10.3? I had it installed about a year ago, and my ReadyNAS upgraded to 6.10.0 Hotfix 2 and SR hasn’t worked since. I have tried off and on to get it working, with no success.

I sort of started from scratch today and tried to follow the directions on the How-To page step-by-step. Still no luck.

I followed the instructions to build Python 3.6.9 and install it a couple of weeks ago. Python seemed to work OK, but the install of SR would just “hang”. When I tried everything again tonight, the web UI install of SR said it was successful. However, starting SR does not work. From ssh, I see the following command running, but then it disappears and SR is not available.

/usr/local/bin/python3 /apps/sickrage/bin/SiCKRAGE.py -q --daemon --nolaunch --datadir=/apps/sickrage/app-config

I ran that statement interactively (as admin) and got the following error:

$ /usr/local/bin/python3 /apps/sickrage/bin/SiCKRAGE.py -q --daemon --nolaunch --datadir=/apps/sickrage/app-config
DEPRECATION: The OpenSSL being used by this python install (OpenSSL 1.0.1t  3 May 2016) does not meet the minimum supported version (>= OpenSSL 1.1.1) in order to support TLS 1.3 required by Cloudflare, You may encounter an unexpected reCaptcha or cloudflare 1020 blocks.
OpenSSL not available, please install for better requests validation: `https://pyopenssl.readthedocs.org/en/latest/install.html`

I followed the link above and ran the following command (as root) with the following result:

# pip install pyopenssl
Collecting pyopenssl
  Downloading pyOpenSSL-19.1.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (53 kB)
     |████████████████████████████████| 53 kB 92 kB/s
Requirement already satisfied: cryptography>=2.8 in /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages (from pyopenssl) (2.9.2)
Requirement already satisfied: six>=1.5.2 in /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages (from pyopenssl) (1.14.0)
Requirement already satisfied: cffi!=1.11.3,>=1.8 in /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages (from cryptography>=2.8->pyopenssl) (1.14.0)
Requirement already satisfied: pycparser in /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages (from cffi!=1.11.3,>=1.8->cryptography>=2.8->pyopenssl) (2.20)
Installing collected packages: pyopenssl
Successfully installed pyopenssl-19.1.0

Then when I try to start SR again, I get the stuff below. Not sure where to go next. Anyone have any ideas?

$ /usr/local/bin/python3 /apps/sickrage/bin/SiCKRAGE.py -q --daemon --nolaunch --datadir=/apps/sickrage/app-config
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/apps/sickrage/bin/sickrage/__init__.py", line 223, in main
    from sickrage.core import Core
  File "/apps/sickrage/bin/sickrage/core/__init__.py", line 41, in <module>
    from keycloak.realm import KeycloakRealm
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/keycloak/realm.py", line 3, in <module>
    from keycloak.client import KeycloakClient
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/keycloak/client.py", line 3, in <module>
    from requests.exceptions import HTTPError
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/requests/__init__.py", line 95, in <module>
    from urllib3.contrib import pyopenssl
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/urllib3/contrib/pyopenssl.py", line 46, in <module>
    import OpenSSL.SSL
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/OpenSSL/__init__.py", line 8, in <module>
    from OpenSSL import crypto, SSL
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/OpenSSL/crypto.py", line 15, in <module>
    from OpenSSL._util import (
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/OpenSSL/_util.py", line 6, in <module>
    from cryptography.hazmat.bindings.openssl.binding import Binding
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/binding.py", line 205, in <module>
    _verify_openssl_version(Binding.lib)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/binding.py", line 169, in _verify_openssl_version
    "You are linking against OpenSSL 1.0.1, which is no longer "
RuntimeError: You are linking against OpenSSL 1.0.1, which is no longer supported by the OpenSSL project. You need to upgrade to a newer version of OpenSSL.

Thanks!

Honestly its looking like unless you can install OpenSSL 1.1.1 then SR won’t run on ReadyNAS anymore, its required by a few different aspects of SR and its respective modules to run properly.

I was thinking the same thing. But have you been able to get it installed on a ReadyNAS box or emulator? I assume when you switched over to Python 3 that is when the restriction on OpenSSL went into effect? But how long has SR been using Python 3? Does that mean this probably hasn’t worked on ReadyNAS for a while?

TBH I’ve been rather distracted by covid and now the riots, i’ve got a lot that I’ve been trying to handle so haven’t had the time I thought I would to take a deeper look into this, just going to have to wait till things settle down a bit, plan was this weekend but then those riots popped off so …

1 Like

Just checking in to see if you think you’ll have a chance to look at this at all.

Update? If you’re never going to look at this, just let me know and I’ll stop bothering you.

what happens with the latest release when you attempt to install requirements ?

When I just upload the package through the UI, it says it’s “Downloading one dependent package”. Then is says “Preparing packages”. Then it gives me a failure message. With no detailed information on what went wrong. I have not tried to recreate the command line install as before.

Do you know if the OpenSSL issue has been resolved?

Can we do a TeamViewer, or a Chrome Remote Desktop session? I don’t want to open up my server via ssh to the outside, but I could probably do a remote control session. Or Skype, Teams, Zoom. You pick the method, and let me know some times that would work for you.

Sickrage is an awesome product and I’d love to get it working on my ReadyNAS server again. It’s just more convenient for me that way.

OK, weekend would be best, we could do TeamViewer or LogMeIn, I’m on PST time so let me know when works for you, happy to finally put this to bed.

Thanks!